Sunday, April 10, 2011

I'm a Believer!



True story: When I was 6 or 7 years old there wasn't much slowing me down. This particular day, things were no different when I decided it was time to jump my bicycle over a large rock on the roadside.  After all, it was only about 8 inches tall, shaped just like a ramp. I hit that thing at top speed and took off for the sky.  Well like any skyward adventure, eventually all things crash to the ground.  You know when you're that age you can only ignore gravity for so long...bang, boom, crash, smash onto the hard earth I came. 
The term yard sale was putting it lightly. Everyone in the neighborhood was there to see me laying there on the ground. "He's hurt" I hear my neighbor say..."get his mother, she's a nurse".  The neighbor was right. I had come down on my right arm with so much force, I broke my elbow, collar bone, and my upper arm in 4 places. This is NOT good!!
My mom (my hero) was on the scene in a flash. We only lived on the next street over. "get me some shingles for a splint, I need ice.  Someone call the ambulance." She had things under control. It wasn't a pretty site. My arm was all busted up and the summer had just begun!!
They took me to the hospital in the back of a cop car. I guess the ambulance was busy with another patient? I remember that ride. Every bump in the road was a nighmare. I didn't go into shock. My mom was keeping me awake and conscious.
I spent 2 months at the hospital in traction. Pins and weights and sleepless nights in pain.


Fast forward...age 10 diagnosed with Migraine headaches, age 15 cat scans and MRI's, age 20 vision issues, flashing and light sensitivity, missing work for 2-3 days with head aches.  Neurological exams, tests, medications...NO RELIEF! The medications made me feel worse than having the migraine!! Years and years, on and on...
Age 38, I hear Dr. Thomas Crabbe speaking to a group of business owners about how chiropractic care can help alleviate these symptoms and restore normal blood flow to the brain.
Tom says " when I was 7 years old a chiropractor cured me of my headaches, that's why I decided to become one too".
I was still skeptical until three or four people in the crowd tell me that Tom cured them too! I figured it was worth a $20 co-pay to see if they were right.
I made the appointment and arrived on time. Tom started by asking me several questions about the activities and sports that I like to do. He asked me to perform some basic movements.
He says "your range of motion is very limited on the right side of your body. Did you have any trauma there in the past"?   I said yes, I had an accident when I was younger, spent time in traction and then in a cast. He tells me that my body healed itself in that position. He began working that area. Rubbing some "minty" gel on that spot. He massaged and worked his fingers onto the spot that always tingled and burned. Finally, Tom asked me to stand up. He put his two hands, one on my chest in front of my shoulder, one on my back right on that burning spot. He gave a squeeze and "POP".
In that instant my migraines were cured! IN THAT INSTANT!!!!!!!!!  It was a miracle!!!!!!!! AHHHHH, RELIEF. I wanted to hug the guy, but I refrained.
I go to see Tom once every 60 days or so just to stay in line. I have not had a migraine headache since I've seen him.  No Drugs, No side effects.  I refer all my friends too. I'm a believer!! Thank you Dr. Tom.
Dr. Thomas Crabbe www.crabbechiro.com "keeping you in the game"!
For "37" years J.M. Doherty Insurance Agency, Inc. www.jmdins.com "Steering you in the right direction".
Thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment